Fun Ways to Get Exercise
Getting exercise is important for your health (and to avoid the Freshmen 15) but it can be a real chore. Most people don’t want to go to the gym, especially when the weather is still nice! Luckily, there are lot of other ways to get exercise and still have fun.
Here are some fun ways for you to switch up your workout routine and get out of the gym:
- Get on a trampoline: Trampoline parks are all the rage these days, and you can also trampoline in your own backyard. Trampolining is a very effective, low impact form of exercise that can even burn more calories than jogging!
- Join a group class: Exercise is always more fun if you aren’t alone. Take a look and see if there are any Zumba or yoga classes nearby. If team sports are more your thing, join a rec league and play soccer or ultimate Frisbee with a team!
- Ride a bike: Going for a bike ride is a great way to get exercise outside. Check to see if there are any trails nearby or even a bike group that you could join.
- Play like a kid: Remember the games you used to play as a kid? You can still play them! Jump rope, hopscotch, catch, and tag are all great forms of exercise.
- Go geocaching: Geocaching is like an outdoor scavenger hunt where you use a GPS and other navigational techniques to find hidden treasures. It involves a lot of walking and is a great way to get exercise while also having fun!
- Try rock climbing: Whether you do it indoors or outdoors, rock climbing is a full body workout. It can help improve strength and endurance and will give you a real sense of accomplishment when you finally reach the top!
- Play Pokemon Go! Pokemon Go is a very popular game that users can play on their phones. The best part about it is that it promotes exercise by encouraging users to explore new areas and to walk more.
- Take up parkour: Is hiking too slow for you? Try parkour! The goal of parkour is get to from one point to another as efficiently as possible and includes running, climbing, jumping, rolling – whatever movement is necessary! Be sure to check that it is allowed in your area though before you head out and try it.