Spring Hope Food Drive 2023
Spring is finally here - bringing with it rain showers, and our annual Spring Hope Food Drive!
From April 12 - 26 we will be collecting items in Skyline Living communities across the country to support local food banks. We will be matching donations at $1 per pound/$1 donated!
Tenants can use this link to donate directly to Food Banks Canada.
To follow our progress and explore other Skyline Living initiatives you can explore our social media accounts.
Here are some statistics from Food Banks Canada’s 2022 report that highlight the importance of the work they do:
- There were 1,462,795 visits to food banks across Canada in March 2022
- 1 in 3 food bank users in Canada are children
- This year’s food bank usage has increased 15% compared to March 2021
Some ideas of the most needed items are:
- Whole grain cereals
- Pasta (canned or dry) and pasta sauces
- Dairy (fresh, shelf stable, and powdered milk)
- Canned goods (beans, soups, and stews)
- Meat alternatives (peanut butter, soy, assorted nuts)
- Canned or frozen meats and fish
- Infant foods and baby formula
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Bathroom tissue and diapers
- Personal hygiene products
Any residents participating can reach out to their PMs with any questions. We wish you the best of luck and look forward to a successful food drive!